These are the general types of services I provide for my clients:
copy editing (line editing and/or deeper substantive editing)
full-manuscript developmental editing
organization (outlining, categorization, tagging, etc.)
Here is a representative sample of the diverse types of work I’ve performed for my clients:
- Proofread the manuscript of a first-time fiction novelist.
- Proofread drafts of two non-fiction manuscripts throughout the revision process, including final page proofs, for a small independent publisher.
- Created four original manuscript compilations drawn from multiple works of an author (three manuscripts were ultimately accepted and published by major U.S. and U.K. publishers).
- Copyedited, and rewrote selected sections of, a non-fiction manuscript for a serial entrepreneur venturing into book publishing.
- Proofread and edited static web pages, outgoing emails, and other promotional pieces for a growing martial arts studio.
- Developed a list of post tags for a blogger, with respect to SEO keywords and internal blog search terms, and assigned these tags to over 100 past posts.
- Developed lists of post categories for two different bloggers, with respect to user ease and clarity in blog navigation, and assigned them to all past posts.
Marketing and Promotion
- Proofread PDF promotional brochure for academic consultant.
- Proofread sales letter for telephony services provider.
- Proofread detailed grocery product labels for an advertising firm.
- Drafted and developed customized practice valuation reports for a dental practice valuation firm.
- Drafted and developed comprehensive reviews of facilities for a home care industry consulting firm, utilizing a combination of boilerplate text and the reports of field investigators.
- Proofread a scholarly manuscript about a 16th century poet for a major university press.
- Wrote a mid-length book review of a literary novel for a major book review periodical.
- Proofread more than a dozen expert witness reports by economists and other specialists for use as legal testimony.
- Provided transcription of correspondence and legal pleadings for a legally savvy business owner who was both prosecuting and defending himself in multiple lawsuits.
- Provided medical transcription for two private neurologists and for a medical transcription services provider.
If you have a specific need for a type of service not listed above, please contact me. This is not a complete list of the work I’ve done, and I am constantly expanding the range of projects I take on.